Everyone has heard about the types of cats that exist, their common behavior, or what they want to eat. However, there are some facts about the cats that not everybody has heard of.
Find out more about them in this article.
- Cats are the most popular pets in the United States and it is estimated that their number is 73 million, while there are 63 dogs. Almost a third of the American population owns a cat.
- The first cat that went to space was the French cat named Feliset, also known as Astrocat. In 1963 she was launched in space by the French, and the implanted electrodes in her brain were sending her neurological signals back to Earth. She survived the trip.
- The cats are snuggling with their owners not just because they love to do that, but they also want to mark their territory. Or to mark us!
- British (and Australian) people believe that the black cat brings them luck, unlike people in the rest of Europe and the United States.
- Round one third of cat owners believe that their cat can read their mind.
- Love for cats is called ailurophilia, that derives from the Greek word for cat – ‘ailuro’. If you love cats you are ailurophile.
- In only seven years, one couple of cats and their offspring can make unbelievable 420,000 cats.
- They are very sensitive to vibrations and it is believed that they can feel an earthquake 10 to 15 minutes before human can.
- The richest cat in the world is Blackie, whose owner left 15 million dollars in legacy for him.
- The biggest traveler among the cats was Hamlet, who escaped from the pet-carrier while travelling by plane. He was hiding in the fuselage for seven weeks and traveled round 380,000 miles.
Please follow and like us: